Monday, October 8, 2007

Yum Brands profit jumped 17%

I'm not going to have time today to look further into exponential smoothing. I just have too many school assignments and projects on my plate. I will try to add the next segment of my forecasting series tomorrow.

In the meantime, take a look at Yum Brands. What were they doing right?! Apparently it was mostly due to sales overseas. Sales in China alone rose 11%. That tells me that the foreign diet is changing, even more than before. I'm sure many of us are aware of the growth experienced by other restaurant service companies in China such as McDonalds and Starbucks. Perhaps this is a trend that will continue into other south Asian markets. This could be an interesting area that people should investigate for their investment dollars, rupies, yen, or other currencies. Fast food could equal fast money.

Okay, sorry for such a short post but my homework and class projects need to be my priority right now. Have a good night. ----Sincerely, Trevor Stasik

View Trevor Stasik's profile on LinkedIn

No comments: