Trevor Stasik - About Me

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Francis Stasik's Thoughts About This Blog

Hello readers. Today, we are going to do something a little different. Before the holidays, I received an email from my Uncle Francie who had some comments about the blog. He said it was okay to post his email, so I've pasted it below. They are interesting thoughts that you may want to think about. Here are his thoughts:


I have been following you. Most of the time you have
valid and thoughtful points.

BUT,

You may be correct that long term, the fed cuts are
bad, maybe downright inflationary.

We bailed out the S&Ls in the 80s, numerous airlines
and Chrysler Corp. to name a few in my lifetime.
Not to mention the money we're ramming down
Haliburtons pockets. Not that this is without
precedent, in Vietnam the big company was Bechtel. Go
find out who owned Bechtel during Vietnam...........if
you dare.

As for retirement linked to longevity.............I
believe it should be linked to what you have done for
a living. If your a desk jockey for 25 or 30 years, I
think your retirement age should be 80 or even higher.
If you actually worked for a living, installed
kitchens or had to crawl around hot greasy
locomotives, your retirement age should be 55 - full
benefits.

Most people think I am joking. I don't believe my
system will ever be implemented, however, there is
some precedent to my way of thinking. Police, fire,
military typically retire after 25 years - full
benefits. It's all taxpayer money.....

I can't end without saying.........who fell asleep
while a bedrock industry of this country went down the
drain......the steel industry.......oh thats right he
was busy teaching the air traffic controllers a lesson.


I'd like to thank my Uncle for his thoughts.
----Sincerely, Trevor Stasik


View Trevor Stasik's profile on LinkedIn

Post a Comment