Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Invest in Companies With Products You Use - Cold/Flu Products

One theory for easy investing is to invest in what you know. When you open up your medicine cabinet, what do you see and what do you use. I'm in the process of finishing my semester with a cold. Only another week until the semester is finished and I've caught a cold. So, I think that the subject of this entry will be a simple one about some of the products I'm using to battle it. Maybe that will help some investors in figuring out what products some consumers are using. I'm not getting paid for any of the recommendations I'm making here, if you were wondering.

Product #1: Halls Cough Drops - I've used a ton of these. It helps clear up my nose with "Vapor Action". Produced by CadburyAdams, a unit of Cadbury Schweppes, you can invest in through ADRs (American Depository Receipts) on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol CSG.
Here's the company website for Cadbury Schweppes.

Product #2: Wawa Black Tea with Lemon & Honey - really soothing on the throat, and I highly recommend it. It's a privately owned company, so you really can't invest.
Here's the company website for Wawa.

Product #3: Tylenol Cold Multi-Symptom Day & Night Pack - This helped me get through last night when I was having trouble sleeping and breathing at the same time. Tylenol is a product of Johnson & Johnson, McNeil. You can invest in Johnson & Johnson under the stock symbol JNJ.
Here's the company website for Johnson & Johnson.

Product #4: Zicam Cold Remedy - I don't know if these will work yet or not. My girlfriend Chris convinced me that they are really good, so we'll have to wait and see. This is a product of Matrixx Initiatives, which is on the NASDAQ under stock symbol MTXX.
Here's the company website for Matrixx Initiatives.

So there you have some information about the products I'm using. The theory goes that investors that know the product, will be more knowledgeable in investing in that company. There is a lot of other research that an investor will want to use in making decisions, but this is one tool that can work in combination with many others.

Okay, I need to get ready for my next class. have a good day.
---Sincerely, Trevor Stasik.


View Trevor Stasik's profile on LinkedIn



No comments: