Welcome to another next installment of "Casual Friday," my lighter look at something in Human Resources, Management, or Business. I know this post is going up a day late, but it took a little longer to put this one together. Today, I have a Human Resources crossword puzzle for you.
Casual Friday: HR Crossword Puzzle
Crossword puzzles can be a fun and useful way of building your HR vocabulary. Use the descriptions as a clue to the word in the corresponding blank spaces. Please enjoy completing the crossword puzzle below.
Click on puzzle to view full image.
Scroll down below the disclaimer for the solution.
1. One to two pages is an ideal length for this job history document.
4. One of the statuses or classes protected under Title VII.
5. A diminutive name given by opponents of the PPACA.
7. Something that is set by giving employees clear goals and objectives.
9. For fear of the flu, hospital workers were recently terminated for failure to have this done.
12. This kind of animal may help a disabled individual overcome a handicap.
2. Under the PPACA, the Medical Loss Ratio governs the how premiums are used under this.
3. A technological tool that may assist when giving presentations.
6. An organization targeted at educating and promoting Human Resources professionals.
8. This kind of interview determines initial suitability and often takes place over a phone.
10. Prejudicial treatment of different groups or classes of people.
11. During the interview process, an HR rep might call one to confirm applicant information.
13. The Equal Pay Act protects against pay gaps due to this status.
14. These kinds of surveys help guide management decisions about pay ranges.
15. This is Bona Fide and allows for legal discrimination based on essential job functions.
And remember all of you Human Resources professionals: Be Human... Be a Resource... Be a Resource for Humans.
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this post are by the author Trevor Stasik, and do not necessarily reflect the views of any employer or any other organization. Please note, this information is based on my understanding and is only to be used for informational and educational purposes. Do not take what I am writing as advice. Seek your own legal counsel and/or see a tax accountant before making business or personal decisions. The author of this post makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. The owner will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.
Crossword Solution: Click to expand